This workshop allows new writers to begin exploring the craft, while also offering experienced writers access to the structure and motivation so critical for generating new work. Its approach is exercise-based, focused on generating new story “seeds,” honing voice, and developing a general understanding of the main elements of narrative craft such as character, setting, description, dialogue, and point of view. Students read and discuss published stories and share their own work at each class session.
- Instructor: Susannah Felts
- Length of workshop: 8 weeks
- Dates: Tuesdays, January 10 - Feb. 28
- Time: 7 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Cost: $297 non-members; $279 members
- Location: The Skillery, 1323 6th Ave. N