Whether it was for your first crush in 9th grade or your beloved of decades, we've all sat down to write a love poem as wonderous and true as Neruda, Shakespeare, Barrett Browning, Dickinson, or Rumi. Sometimes e.e. cummings is right and "kisses are a better fate/ than wisdom" when those love poems capture exactly what we need them to, yet sometimes we need a little more wisdom and a little less cliche. Join us for a workshop that pinpoints what elevates a love poem from a box of conversation hearts into a spread of truffles, and come away with a few drafts of poem for your loved one(s) just in time for Valentine's Day.
- Instructor: Alicia Brandewie
- Length of workshop: 3 hours
- Date: Saturday, February 4
- Time: 2 - 5 p.m.
- Cost: $55 non-members; $48 members
- Location: The Skillery, 1323 6th Ave. N