Critique, Coaching, and Editing Services
The Porch is pleased to offer critique, coaching, and editorial services for writers requesting one-on-one assistance with their writing. We strive to place each writer with an editor or coach who best matches the writer’s individual needs, level, and genre. All editors and coaches with The Porch are writers with a strong publication track record and/or graduate degree in writing. Many teach for The Porch, or teach or have taught courses at the graduate level at colleges and universities across the country.
Services offered include:
- Global/developmental feedback on full-length manuscripts
- Line and copy editing for manuscripts of all lengths, including poetry
- Critique and constructive feedback for stories, essays, and poetry
- Assistance on graduate school applications and portfolios
- Coaching sessions, defined as one hour of reading and one hour of meeting per session. Writing coaches can guide writers through the drafting and revision process, offer insights on publication journeys, and answer any other questions about the writing/publishing process.
If you're interested in working with one of our editors or writing coaches, please fill out this brief form.This will help us provide a quote for cost and place you with the appropriate editor. Thank you!